workshop SP

today, 
we conducted a workshop at SJK (C) Tai Thung.
i won't lie and said it was a breeze.
nope, ladies and gentleman.
it wasn't a breeze and never will be.
there are 60 of year 1 students,
so, let see what we faced during the workshop.

the challenges: 
1. language barrier.
their level of proficiency in english is low. 
it is one thing to unable to use english or understand them, 
it's another thing not to be able to use bm. 
since my last resort to make them understand us (me n my group) is by using bm, 
it just made it harder when they can't even use bm.. 

2. level of energy
ya ampunnnn, they were very energetic. 
they can't sit in one place. 
really. 
i felt like a shepherdess, at loss on how to control the sheeps =.=' .
they would run away whenever there are chances. 
they are literally all over the hall. 
so, we had to chase them, 
ask them to return to the group, 
accompany them to the toilet, 
prevent any squabbles, 
stop crying student
n yadda, yadda, yadda. 
believe me, do not underestimate them. 
never.

3. the place of workshop
we had to conduct the activity in a hall. it echoes in the hall. 
so, we had to shout in order for them to hear us.
in the end, some of us lost our voices. 
i didn't. 
well, because i used to have a yelling match between me and my siblings. 
so, u can say i put in a good use over my yelling skill. gahahaha~


in overall,
it was ok, tough and challenging.
but most of all,
made me realize on how different SJK (C) students are than  SK students.
so, do not think that all students are the same.
n please do not think that teaching primary school students,
or teaching as something easy.
it had been proven by me, a fledgling trainee teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

jatuh moto

mercun~